What to expect when visiting Calvary Chapel Mechanicsville
We believe that the Bible is the fully inspired, infallible word of God and thus place a great emphasis on teaching the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. We feel this should be the top criteria for anyone searching for a church. If His word is regarded rightly, taught, and followed, then effective ministry will take place.
As the body of Christ, we seek to follow a simple pattern found in the Scriptures, "And they continued daily in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers." (Acts 2:42) Consequently, our ministry is focused first and foremost on equipping and strengthening the saints through the study of God's word, fellowship with other believers, and prayer.
• Our Sunday morning service begins at 10:30am and our Wednesday evening service begins at 7:00pm. Both services are held in the Sanctuary and consist of a time of worship in song followed by a study in the word of God. We partake in communion the first Sunday of each month.
• During services, we offer special classes for children 12 and under that are designed to teach the Bible at their level with other children their age. This allows the parents, teens and adults to freely worship and listen to the teaching without distraction while at the same time providing children a place they enjoy attending every week.
• Following services our 242 Café is open for a time of fellowship, where we welcome everyone to enjoy coffee, tea, pastries and snacks while you enjoy conversation with other believers. The Chapel Store is also open during this time, where you can purchase books, gifts, and other materials to encourage and equip youself in your walk with the Lord.
• Our services last approximately one hour and fifteen minutes. Dress is casual and we recommend bringing your Bible when you visit.
• The Children's Ministry is for infants through 12 year olds.
• Children's classrooms are located towards the rear of the facility. Upon entering the church, continue through the 242 Café and take your children to the age appropriate classroom (ages are listed beside each door).
• Arrive early to allow plenty of time to check in your children – teachers begin receiving children at 10:20am on Sundays and at 6:55pm on Wednesday evenings. New or visiting parents are required to sign their child into the classroom, signifying permission for their child to participate in the Bible lesson and related activities under the supervision of the Children's Ministry teachers/helpers.
• Please provide teachers with any food allergy information as children receive a snack.
• All of our children's workers have been given a background check.
• Children should be picked up by 12:30pm on Sunday and after service on Wednesday.
If you have any questions upon arrival, ushers are available to help you as soon as you enter. If you have questions prior to attending, please see our contact page.